Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: How do you feel when people bring the Armageddon card?  (Read 536 times)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
How do you feel when people bring the Armageddon card?
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:15:09 AM »
Well I don't know you've heard but within 2 decades from now there will be like asteroid or meteor I guess heading towards part of Earth and it will cause such great catastrophe.

Do you believe all this nonsense?

How do you feel when people bring up the Armageddon card.?

I feel they should get only their facts and not fear us with fake warnings about this rubbish like Y2k, 2012 which I actually believed in it, the 2012 one I mean.

I have my mind set where my future goes and it's not death and it will be not thrown down the toilet like a waste. Just pointless yet it can be serious and very sad but still, I hope it doesn't happen if were true. :/

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
Re: How do you feel when people bring the Armageddon card?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »
I never believed the whole 2012 thing. I have seen too many of these "Doomsday" dates come and go... There was the last hour of 1999 where the Devil was suppose to rise from Hell. It was in the "End of Days" movie.

If "99942 Apophis" (named after Apep: The Egyptian Serpent God of Destruction) hits in 2029 or 2036... It is not certain.

Asteroids have to enter the Earth's gravitational keyhole for it to be on a collision course. Besides, we've had many near misses and not even seen it coming. Look at the size of the one that landed in Russia and I'm not sure if astronomers even saw that one coming... Apophis is just one of the many potential "killer asteroids" out there. We've been lucky because Jupiter swallows up the majority of these colossal chunks of rock.

There's always the possibility that we can get hit from anything in space at anytime (from the debris Jupiter can't protect us from), so worrying about one specific date is pointless when you don't even worry about all those others in between. Hopefully one day, we would've devolved the technology to protect us from these threats.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much and just live every day as it comes. :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:39:22 AM by The-Blue-Dragon-Lord »
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 11:17:33 PM »
I'm as worried about that asteroid as I am about the Christian Armaggedon.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »
Looks like it's tomorrow folks. XP'

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.