Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Korrasami  (Read 40172 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Re: Korrasami
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2015, 04:45:27 AM »
What does the IA stand for?
Set by Waterlady

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 29
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2015, 04:57:46 AM »
intersex and Asexual

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2015, 05:55:27 AM »
How awesome is that. Not only is that the cutest art I've ever seen, but all the money's going to a worthy cause!

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #363 on: March 07, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »
What's intersexual?

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #364 on: March 07, 2015, 12:59:33 AM »
What's intersexual?
Just intersex. Essentially, it means your genitalia and other sex characteristics don't line up with any one sex, male or female, often as a result of possessing both.

It's a less dehumanizing term for hermaphrodite, which is a classification generally used for non-human animals.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2015, 06:05:18 AM »
What's intersexual?
Just intersex. Essentially, it means your genitalia and other sex characteristics don't line up with any one sex, male or female, often as a result of possessing both.

It's a less dehumanizing term for hermaphrodite, which is a classification generally used for non-human animals.

there are like 50 different intersex conditions, including swayers Syndrome (women with uteruses who posses XY chromosomes from birth) and XX Simplex (which is the opposite)

It's pretty complex stuff
<< Post Merge: March 07, 2015, 06:05:52 AM >>

Basically you could be intersex and not even know it.

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #366 on: March 07, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
Ah okay, I've heard of that obviously but I forgot the term. Which is obviously waaaaay better than the derogatory "hermaphrodite". I saw a documentary on how horribly the medical world treats people who are intersex and it kinda proved to me that there's something very very wrong with the world and not those people.
<< Post Merge: March 07, 2015, 08:36:43 AM >>

On topic, that artwork is beautiful. And I don't understand people who don't find it utterly adorable. Love is love, mayne.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:36:43 AM by Nadeshani »

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #367 on: March 07, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »
Seriously that art is so gorgeous! The lighting is just incredible omg @_@

~Set by me~

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 56
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2015, 10:22:53 PM »
Wow, some of the bigger ATLA/LOK sites/forums really hate Korrasami. Like you can't even post some funny Korrasami fanart without someone going off on how "lazy" the ship was, or that it was "forced".  Yet they don't say that about Zhurrick which was admitted to be a last minute writing decision by Mike and Bryan.

Some of you may know the one I'm referring to. *coughs*

Like, it happened. It's canon. It's what the creators wanted. LET IT GOOOOOOO

I hate that there are places I frequent where I feel guilty for having a now-canon OTP.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:28 PM »
Wow, some of the bigger ATLA/LOK sites/forums really hate Korrasami. Like you can't even post some funny Korrasami fanart without someone going off on how "lazy" the ship was, or that it was "forced".  Yet they don't say that about Zhurrick which was admitted to be a last minute writing decision by Mike and Bryan.

I hate that there are places I frequent where I feel guilty for having a now-canon OTP.
The world is full of dingleberries.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #370 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »

One site came to mind before I finished reading your post... LOL! Are they still at it, even months later? -_-

I guess they still find the facts so hard to accept. Most of us could see this happening since Book 3, it's that we just didn't expect it to happen for real because of Nickelodeon's BS. Not everyone has to like it (of course), but Korrasami did happen. I don't see where it was "forced", even without the Yuri goggles... LOL!

That's one reason why I don't bother reading all their posts.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:49:25 AM by The-Blue-Dragon-Lord »
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2015, 02:03:02 PM »
OMGOSH! Actual Bisexual Girlfriends cosplaying Canon Bisexual Girlfriends!

(click to show/hide)

So adorable!

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
That's so cute, I can't.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2015, 08:11:59 AM »
Aww!

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:12 AM »
If I were to really, really, really watch LOK, it would be because of Korrasami. Yeah I suck. ._.;

It's just I like the art of it. ^^;

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
    • My FF.net
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2015, 07:43:07 PM »
One thing really annoyed me here. A few days ago, I read an article where either Mike or Bryan stated one of the big reasons they decided on Korrasami was because of lack of representation of same-sex couple in kids' shows. Really? You guys just couldn't do it because you thought it was good storytelling? It had to be a statement as well?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:53:12 PM by Lionheart »
Set by Waterlady

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
One thing really annoyed me here. A few days ago, I read an article where either Mike or Bryan stated one of the big reasons they decided on Korrasami was because of lack of representation of same-sex couple in kids' shows. Really? You guys just couldn't do it because you thought it was good storytelling? It had to be a statement as well?
Internet Rule 5: It doesn't matter what you do or why you do it, nobody will ever be happy about it.

That quote could just as easily be them considering the fact that it wasn't an avenue they had considered before and questioning why, then deciding that from a storytelling perspective it would be beneficial to have the only to two people in the Krew with actual healthy chemistry, interpersonal skills, and a stable supportive dynamic be the two who end up together. An awareness of the limited amount of representation of a group in media doesn't poison whatever those made aware then touch, it just opens their eyes to further story opportunities that they previously might not have thought to explore.

Plus, deciding you want your show to give a bit of hope to kids and teenagers who rarely ever see themselves represented in media is certainly not something I would admonish. Hell, they even said the day after the finale went online that what they offered probably wasn't good enough. (Considering Nick's weird censorship laws where you can show a person get murdered via asphyxiation but sexuality is in need of being downplayed, one wonders why it might have turned out that way.)

Honestly, with the setup from the first three seasons, the only place Korra's romantic status should have been able to go to was with Asami or no one, because ending up with Bolin would undercut his character development and ending up with Mako would undo both his and Korra's. Could they have gone with no one? ... Sure, I guess. But what's the harm in the alternative? 
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
    • My FF.net
« Reply #377 on: September 21, 2015, 01:42:57 AM »
Not saying it poisons it, I'm just saying it's unnecessary for it to be a statement. It would be like saying they brought Katara and Aang together to show that interracial relationship exist rather than simply because they had good chemistry.
Set by Waterlady

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »
With the Legend of Korra comic coming out soon, it's once again time for tall the Makorra shippers to come out of the woodwork and bemoan about Korra and Asami dating.
In response to someone saying it was poorly developed, here's what I had to say:

Poorly developed if you weren't paying attention. Throughout season three I was like "DANG Korra and Asami are getting prettyu close. I mean Wow this is borderline flirting, oh my gosh."
And everyone else was like "Nah, you're just seeing what you want to see. She's totally going to be with Mako by the end of the show."

Then Season Four rolls around and BLAM it's not just borderline flirting anymore. It's straight up flirting. And the tension is real, so real that even Mako, who's dense AF, notices and asks "What's up with you two?" to pained stares and awkward blushes. Every time Asami compliments Korra in season four, Korra blushes.

Even the way the last episode ends, and i mean like the last ten minutes, you could tell something was up. First Mako appears in her path, and the two resolve the issues that they've had, and Korra places the past behind her. Then Tenzin appears, the teacher, someone who has seen her grow and over come trials and tribulations. Korra comes to terms with everythign she has learned, and how much she has grown. Then Tenzin is ushered off screen.

Then Asami is left, and typically at the end of the show you save the most important relationship for the end. Asami isn't just her friend she's the hope and promise of something new. She's Korra's future, which Korra takes by the hand and goes off on a new Journey with.

No there wasn't a kiss, that's because the finale would have been pulled off the air in several of the countries it was being aired in. But there was so much in the subtext if you just paid attention.

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2017, 02:51:18 AM »
It's okay, we have the poppin' bottles post to remember if they really do come out of the woodwork. XD

And while I do think Korrasami could have used more screen-time--especially in regards to more shippy screen-time--I do feel it was the only pairing for them that made sense. And a rockin' one to boot! The blush is what got me feeling that the ship was more than fanon, personally, and I'm really glad they went with it in the end. Korra and Asami really work well together and I've always liked that about them.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.