Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Favorite Villains  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
Re: Favorite Villains
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
Azula. Not sure why, but she's just an evilly perfect villain. ^^'

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline Spot Enemy Boats

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »
i don't consider Loki a villain in the mythology, but others do, so him, i guess. Crowley from supernatural is awesome, as is Luci. abbadon is awesome on that show too. the varia were cool in khr when they were villains. mukuro too. jareth from labyrinth..... Bartleby and Loki from dogma...... There's more, just can't think right now.
oh. Gabriel, when he was "the trickster" is always awesome.

Loki in Norse is the god of lies/mischief and caused Ragnarok, but the Loki in the Marvel universe was just a guy who just wanted a hug but only Frigga would give it to him.

(click to show/hide)Loki is like the Asgardian Azula (comics version).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:01:14 AM by Spot Enemy Boats »

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 02:42:29 AM »
i don't consider Loki a villain in the mythology, but others do, so him, i guess. Crowley from supernatural is awesome, as is Luci. abbadon is awesome on that show too. the varia were cool in khr when they were villains. mukuro too. jareth from labyrinth..... Bartleby and Loki from dogma...... There's more, just can't think right now.
oh. Gabriel, when he was "the trickster" is always awesome.

Loki in Norse is the god of lies/mischief and caused Ragnarok, but the Loki in the Marvel universe was just a guy who just wanted a hug but only Frigga would give it to him.
He's actually the god of fire/change, but revisionist history decided that since they don't like change, he should be seen in a negative light. Ragnarok is often compared to the end of days (the apocalypse), when in reality it's a renewal (what happened with Noah's Ark).
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
Hades from the animated movie Hercules. Jafar. Scar. Prince John from the animated Robin Hood, terrible villain but freaking hilarious. Gaston just kills me.

Prince John?  Really??  Wow.  XD

I liked this bunch you named too, especially Hades.  The way James Woods played him was just classic.  :D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:48 PM »
What? he's hilariously pathetic and his voice actor is did a perfect job portraying that.

Interestingly enough continuing that conversation I had with Glitch about dramas, there is kinda a villain in Kokoro Connect. His name is Heartseed, he can take possession over people, and his only reason for making weird things happen to the characters (things like body switching, changing age, etc.) is because he finds it entertaining to mess with them. And it's really no fun for the group because they can't control when this stuff happens to them. He's not an overly interesting villain, but the stuff that gets revealed because of his intervening is quite an accomplishment if you ask me.

Gyouken/Arba (well Al Tharmen in general), Judar, and even Magomett to an extent are all great villains from Magi: Labyrinth of Magic with very different personalities and interesting motives behind why they are the way they are and why they do what they do. The fact that nothing is completely black and white makes for an intriguing story for sure.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 10:16:15 PM »
You mean Peter Ustinov, re Prince John?  Yes, true.  XD

Hmm, come to think of it, there was no Guy of Gisbourne in the animated Robin Hood, no animated counterpart to Basil Rathbone.  That would have been interesting.

Heh.  Maybe we could have Jafar guest star as Guy of Gisbourne.  XD  In Errol Flynn's version of Robin Hood, he was far more nefarious than the Sheriff of Nottingham was.

And I'm sorry, Roy; I'm not familiar with those animes.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:59 PM »
Sure. I dunno voice actors all that well from back then.

Well I was just mentioning them in general cuz I saw that conversation with Glitch I had ages ago and it made me think. I don't expect most to know of either of the anime I spoke of.

Magi The Labyrinth of Magic is a manga and anime series and it's my absolute favorite manga series. (I say that because the anime messed up some great stuff in the manga and the animation isn't always very good) It's a shounen action series that's actually more like FMA instead of Bleach or Naruto because it focuses more on plot then battles, battles, battles. Plus it deals with more realistic issues such as politics, war, etc. It's loosely based on 1001 Arabian Nights  and the most interesting part is that the main villain is a woman who's freaking nuts.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Spot Enemy Boats

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 06:26:25 AM »
King Radovid The Stern and Emperor Emhyr Var Emreis from The Witcher 3

The Lodge of Sorceresses and Letho of Gulet from the Witcher 2

Salamandra and Jacques de Aldesberg from The Witcher 1

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.