Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Meet the Council: The Staff of TKC  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Seluna

• The Amon-istrator :|
  • Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 162
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
Meet the Council: The Staff of TKC
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:35:51 AM »

TKC Council

The Council is a group of appointed members who watch over all of The Korra Connection.
If you ever need help, don't hesitate to contact us!

It's our pleasure to be of assistance and we hope to see you around the forum!

Below are the profiles of current Council Members.

Offline Seluna

• The Amon-istrator :|
  • Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 162
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
Re: Meet the Council: The Staff of TKC
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:10:55 AM »
Welcome to The Korra Conection! My name is Seluna and I’m the creator and admin of this community! <3

Don’t let my red username or the ‘admin’ title intimidate you too much – I’m a warm and caring person who’s easy to connect with! I love to be silly and laugh and have fun and pretend I’m Amon make bad puns!

I’ve been a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender since it first debuted and was completely ecstatic upon hearing the news of Korra.  While I used to be a pretty staunch Kataang and Tokka shipper, I can safely say (judging by the content of my art) I multi-ship these days. With Korra’s release, I vowed to just embrace my new outlook on shipping and I can safely say I have. I keep it fun and avoid the drama – in my eyes constructive arguments are great but I loathe character/ship bashing like no other. 

Overall, the characters and elements in these two series have really inspired and touched me. So much care and consideration were weaved into their complex archs – and as a person who immerses herself in artistic study and creative prospects, Mike and Bryan will always be two of my biggest heroes. After all, their magnificent content has sparked a wide array of creative endeavors on my own behalf: fan-art, fan-comics, fan-fiction, and too many sketches to count!  It’s definitely encouraged me to further my own studies, as I mentioned, focusing on media arts and animation. Not to mention getting around to fleshing out all those half-written prompts and ‘sketchbook-confined’ development art hiding in my closet.

In addition to my artistic pursuits, I enjoy a lot of other things. I’m really interested in science, philosophy, and literature of all sorts.  Make it my effort to keep learning and never stagnate – and I believe in infinite potential. I love music and discovering new bands, genres, and venues. While I wasn't gifted with musical talent, I love appreciating other artists – especially those who go unrecognized by the masses.

My lovely Lieutenanthusband in real life, terrik_zion, can also be found here. He deserves a shout-out for putting up with my fangirling and obliging me in the most ridiculous art requests! We may be Yin and Yang, but we're definitely two sides of the same coin! <3

You can find me pretty much everywhere on this site, as I love a wide scope of topics! I really hope you enjoy yourself and have a lot of fun. I created this site not only as a source for great material from a terrific show – but also as a home for some equally terrific people.

Enjoy making this place your own!

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 114
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:16:49 AM »
Hi, I'm WaterLady, I'm 27 years old and I live in Michigan. :3 You can call me Water or WL or even my real name, Kate! I've been an Avatar fan since 2007ish. My main ships are Kataang, Tokka and Maiko, but I enjoy pretty much any other ship too. XD. My other interests are baseball, reading, writing, photography, making graphics and just goofing around on the internet. I enjoy other fandoms too, such as Harry Potter and MLP: Friendship is Magic. :3

I usually hang out in Yue Bay and The Gala chat board, as well as the Korra boards when that gets going again . :3 You can also find me on Tumblr at both my main account and my Avatar and Korra blog!

I'm kind of shy and tend to lurk a lot xD, but I'm always around at some point during the day. Don't be afraid of me! I just take awhile to get to know. I love funny things too and have an extensive collection of gifs. :D This one is my favorite:

you can PM me if:

- you need help with where to put a new thread
 - you have a question or concern about anything going on with the forum (a bad thread or duplicate thread, a member behaving badly/being disrespectful, etc.)
 - you would like some advice about graphics
 - you have a question about the forum rules
 - pretty much everything forum-related xD
 - you are a huge baseball fan and want to talk about it with me :D
 - you just want to say hello :)

If I can't help, I'll direct you to someone you can. :)

:D

Offline divsalley

• Fire Sage Divs
  • Councilwoman Divs / Global Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 85
  • Haters gonna Hate. :P
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:08:36 AM »
Hi! I'm divsalley. You can call me divs. I've been a fan of ATLA since I started watching it in 2009 and LoK since it aired in 2012. My other interests include reading fiction. writing, and a fair amount of drawing, although I'm not great at it. hehe...

I'm a big Harry Potter and LOtR fan... Also recently got into The Hunger Games. So if you guys wanna talk to me about these fandoms, too, then we can spazz together! ;D I do enjoy the spazzing!

You'll usually find me hanging around at Air Temple Island or the Member Hangouts... You can always leave a comment on my profile or send me a PM anytime if you have any questions regarding TKC, or even if you just wanna drop by and say hi! I don't bite! ;)

As your Global Mod I'll do my best to help keep this place running as smoothly as possible along with Seluna and the rest of the AMAZING mod team. :)

PS: I'm a HUUUUUGE, squealing, spazzing fangirl when it comes to Zuko or Korra. So don't let that throw you off. :P

My Keeps (click to show/hide)
LoK Keeps (click to show/hide)Korra and Naga's Friendship
Korra's Sass
Mako's Seriousness
Mako's Scarf
The Finale Makorra Hug and Twirl

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)Zuko's Destiny
Zuko's Finale Speech
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Inner Fire
Zuko's Speech to Ozai in DoBS

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »
Hi, I'm quidditchchick, but you can call me Quid. :3 I'm 21 and I live in California. I've been an Avatar fan since 2008, and was obviously ecstatic at the news of Korra; so I am really glad to be a Mod for a new site revolving around Korra/Avatar.

I am a huge Harry Potter nerd, (can't you tell by my screen name? xD) and I tend to enjoy a lot of things, so I am a part of many fandoms. I'll usually hang out anywhere in the forum, so finding me won't be hard. You can also find me at my tumblr account or my deviantART acount. I can be a little crazy at times, but a good crazy, I promise. x3

Drop me a PM if you have any questions about art, graphics, anything going on around the forum, forum rules, if you wanna know about my rotating icons/sigs, or even if you'd just like someone to chat with. :D

~quidditchchick

~Set by me~

Offline Zevinja

• Councilwoman Zevinja / Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 68
  • Do the thing!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
Hey y'all, this is Zevinja, your resident Zutarian and tiny-texter.  I'm a 21-year-old college student who loves volleyball, making graphics, and discussing my favorite shows.  I've been into Avatar since 2008, but my current obsessions are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.  If you ever want to talk about either of those, we'll most likely become instant friends!

But feel free to message me anytime.  If you have a question or just want someone to talk to, I'm here for ya!

Another fun fact: I'm terrible at intros (as you can tell).  As far as who I am, just take a look at Korra.  She is pretty much my spirit animal.  As Lex says, I'm "such a Korra".

But enough about me, get out there and see the world forum!

Zevinja

I c o n s     b y     m y     S e c r e t     S a n t a !

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.