Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Christmas Music  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
Christmas Music
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »
And any music for whatever you're celebrating right around now!

Here is my preferred playlist, free of commercials and complete with the best versions of all the best songs (it's very comprehensive, only song it's missing is "Christmas Bells" by The Royal Guardsmen). It's perfect to listen to while decorating, or cooking Christmas food.

I could go on and on about each and every song, but here are a few oddball thoughts I wanted to get out:

-I'm in love with the imagery of "px and lamb" kept time in "Little Drummer Boy". I imagine an ox and lamb being all cute but cool, like jazz artist types. And they're keeping time by nodding their heads or stomping their hooves and the drummer boy is all like "...yeah, this is awesome after all". It's like a great jam session, immortalized in the holiday classic.

-Whenever I hear the harmonizing ladies in "Mele Kalikimaka" by Bing Crosby, something in the sound of their voices makes me feel like they used to be friends backstage but now they're being totally catty and nasty to each other, trying to be the star with Bing because this is their big break, and they ruined their friendship over a Christmas song and that's so not in the spirit of the season.

-I would support federal legislation banning any and all further covers of "Feliz Navidad". Jose Feliciano remain the only person alive who can sing it well that I've heard so far.

I hope that's just me. I think it's just because they sound a little stiff, the backup singers in the other songs from Crosby's seminal Christmas album sound more at ease.

Any other particular favorites or thoughts?
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
Re: Christmas Music
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:35:58 PM »
I love anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra!  @.@

If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
I love anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra!  @.@

That, and the Night Santa Went Crazy by Weird Al Yankovich
(click to show/hide)

Offline Juju

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 11
  • so if you care to find me, look to the western sky
    • My Music Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
Would "My Favorite Things" be considered a christmas song?  Cause if so, well, then, "My Favorite Things."

"this is where i belong"

Credit to kankonkine @ livejournal for the icons

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 05:27:00 AM »
For me almost every Christmas song is all year long and not just a specific special day for a holiday of Christmas.

Christmas is now and forever...

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.