Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Beautiful Creatures Series  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Espeon

• Formerly K14
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 34
  • Art not mine
Beautiful Creatures Series
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »

Quote (selected)
Some loves are meant to be..others are cursed..

Beautiful Creatures is my favorite book in the world <3 We had to read it last year over the summer for school, and at first I thought it was going to be something like Twilight so I wasn't too happy about it, but once I actually started reading it I couldn't stop. Once I finished the first one (at like 5 in the morning on a saturday) I sat up in bed and waited for the book store to be open so I could have someone take me to buy the next book xD
I actually met Margret Stohl (Kami couldn't be there unfortunately) and she's really cool XD She even signed my Beautiful Creatures book, and once she was finished talking to my school I saw her in the hallway and we had a conversation. I felt so special XD

Have any of you read the books? Which one is your favorite? Whos your favorite character? (Do you ship Ethan x Lena? XD ) Discuss the wonderfulness that is Beautiful Creatures! :)

Espeon icons by Secrets

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
Re: Beautiful Creatures Series
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »
What are the books about? They are not full of sappy angst romance are they?

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Espeon

• Formerly K14
  • Round 1!
  • Art not mine
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
i found this summary of the first book if you have time to read it
http://www.shmoop.com/beautiful-creatures/summary.html
but no, its not all romance. lena comes from a family of what they call casters, which basically means they all have certain 'abilities'. some are good and some are evil. on each of the casters 16th birthdays they are claimed for either the light or the dark. most of the book is lenas struggle with her inner demons and ethan and lena trying to find a way to make sure lena stays good, because she feels she is gonna go bad, and if that happens she'll hurt everyone she loves.

the book is alot better than i make it sound though XD and its really suspenceful and theres all these twists and..yeah..if you're looking for a book to read i suggest this series

Espeon icons by Secrets

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »
i found this summary of the first book if you have time to read it
http://www.shmoop.com/beautiful-creatures/summary.html
but no, its not all romance. lena comes from a family of what they call casters, which basically means they all have certain 'abilities'. some are good and some are evil. on each of the casters 16th birthdays they are claimed for either the light or the dark. most of the book is lenas struggle with her inner demons and ethan and lena trying to find a way to make sure lena stays good, because she feels she is gonna go bad, and if that happens she'll hurt everyone she loves.

the book is alot better than i make it sound though XD and its really suspenceful and theres all these twists and..yeah..if you're looking for a book to read i suggest this series
Cool!

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline kataang_is_love

• Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 01:45:55 AM »
Ohhhh my gooooooddddd I read the first book last year and I loved it! I need to read the other two though.

Offline Espeon

• Formerly K14
  • Round 1!
  • Art not mine
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
i read part of the second one but my friend told me what happens in one part of it and i stopped because i didnt want to get to that part XD:
<< Post Merge: December 27, 2012, 09:48:47 PM >>

oh and its going to be a movie! im not sure if im going to see it though (i probably will anyway) but i dont like who they chose to be ethan and lena in the film. and ridley is a red head in it, i feel like she should be blond. but the movie does look good!
<< Post Merge: December 27, 2012, 09:59:52 PM >>

im not sure if the preview makes the book look any good but trust me the book is amazing
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:59:52 PM by Espeon »

Espeon icons by Secrets

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.