Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Natti's Art Thread  (Read 23965 times)

Offline Atari

• icon by quid
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 48
    • tumblr
Re: Natti's Art Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 03:00:42 AM »
I like the first one! The thing with Steele sitting on the guy's leg confused me for a second, but my eyes were just playing tricks with me. I LOL'd at the second one. Man, that's a real shame, Natti! At least they have you~ XD
So if you wanna burn yourself remember that I LOVE YOU
And if you wanna cut yourself remember that I LOVE YOU
And if you wanna kill yourself remember that I LOVE YOU
Call me up before your dead, we can make some plans instead
Send me an IM, I'll be your friend

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 75
    • Natti's deviantART Gallery
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 04:22:11 AM »
...holy smokes you've gotten good Natti. Like, really good. Especially your Inuyasha stuff.

Can't wait to see what you do next!
That's because I draw them toooooo muuuuuch. XDX

But thank you! ^^

Amazing as always! ^-^
And thank you, as always! :3

I like the first one! The thing with Steele sitting on the guy's leg confused me for a second, but my eyes were just playing tricks with me. I LOL'd at the second one. Man, that's a real shame, Natti! At least they have you~ XD

XD There is actually a handful of members who know what they're doing and, along with me, are working to try to stop or at least slow the nonsense. Otherwise I probably woulda' left the site by now, haha. But thanks! X3

So ever January I draw a new installment of an improvement chart that I've been keeping for quite a while. I'm waiting for 2017 to post it on dA (so that I'll have 10 years' worth), but I wanna post what I've got now here. :3

Click to enlarge.

Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart. <3

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 04:24:11 AM »
@_@

I'd say improvement is hardly necessary, but I'm no artist. ^^' I can only imagine how awesome the 2017 version will be!

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 04:44:45 AM »
I actually quite like the style from 2011. It's just accurate enough to be passable, but with some great personality in there.

Really, ignoring the 08-09 ones, they all seem like different styles rather than improvement in artistry. That's more of a testament to your skill, by the way. Even 07, the earliest one; while there are many issues in terms of anatomical accuracy, it has a nice feel to it.

It's interesting how art works. xD
It's not always about the anatomical accuracy so much as proportion and feeling. It doesn't have to be perfectly true to life to be good, as long as there's understanding of the subject that is being altered to fit one's style.

... Yeah, I just really like the style from 11. It looks crisp and lively, not too sharp but not to curvy, the facial expression, the touches of personality in the design. It just feels alive.

... You're really just that talented. xD I can't think of it as different stages of improvement, it really just feels like different styles done side by side.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »
I think the latest is still the greatest, but I agree Av: 2011 was really good, I think I like the style/design better than the 2012 version even.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
I think the latest is still the greatest, but I agree Av: 2011 was really good, I think I like the style/design better than the 2012 version even.
This. X3

~Set by me~

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
Re: Natti\'s Art Thread
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 04:09:00 AM »
Thanks. 8D

Yeah, the head at least of '11 came out decently. I was pretty freakin' proud of it at the time that I drew it. XD
But though the face is decent, the body....errrgh. There's a lot I could say about now and not all of it is good.

The thing Av mentioned, though, about accuracy vs. style...there's a difference between understanding the anatomy and purposely stylizing it and simply not understanding it. With many of these old ones, though some of them may come across as stylized, they weren't. They were merely the level I was at during that time (and I could probably pull up some old "realistic" drawings from the same years...they're really not that good.) Styles aside, I like to think that I've come to better understand the anatomy behind the style over the years and have done better with incorporating it in a style.

I do see what you're saying, though. My mom actually made the same comment comparing the '12 and '13 ones.

Though I have to be honest, '09 kinda makes be wanna go crawl in a hole and die a bit. XD I think that was the year that I was drawing anime eyes on my canines for a few months...well, actually, no, that was late 2008, but still...yeeeeesh! XD

::EDIT:: Hey look, some more art!

Hmmmmmthis one was another parody/vent art directed at all the cliches that the fandom uses for this ship that I just can't stand. XD Full description on dA for those who are interested.

A character belonging to a close friend of mine and who is the center of many inside jokes among our group. XD

Just some sketches of an original species of mine, the Sapfyran Kayat. They do have a species sheet somewhere in my dA gallery, but it's old and in dire need of an update.

This is what I did in Art today. Though half my class hates me for it, haha. XD
<< Post Merge: January 14, 2013, 12:01:01 AM >>

-pokes topic-.

And also, this.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:01:55 AM by Natti »

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 12:11:26 AM »
Everything is just so adorable. But without being overtly cutesy.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »
Holy smokes: that very Inuyasha fic trope has been going on for like, 12-13 years at least XD.

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 01:59:45 AM »
@_@ there's sp much beauty and geniusity going on.

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2013, 02:08:50 AM »
@_@

These are amazing as usual! I really love the piece you did for your art class and your original species! ^-^

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 04:58:44 AM »
Thanks, everyone! ^^

Here, have some Casser and Chi. They'd appeared a few times on my KF thread, but I don't think they've made it here yet.

Holy smokes: that very Inuyasha fic trope has been going on for like, 12-13 years at least XD.
And yet it still continues. Long-lasting cliches that I simply don't understand the appeal of....XD

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:13 AM »
And yet it still continues. Long-lasting cliches that I simply don't understand the appeal of....XD
Yeah, and I even liked it...you know, back all those 12-13 years ago when I was not even a teenager yet. You must have been barely out of diapers at that point XD.

Chi is cute. Casser looks like he means business.

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 05:43:13 AM »
Indeed so. If I recall what I read correctly, the manga came out in 1996...making the series literally as old as I am. XD

Yeah, Casser's a bit of a bully, but he's also a coward. Chi is his admiring underling. XD

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
Chi is so cute! Your art is lovely as always, Natti! ^-^

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »
Thanks, everyone! ^^

Here, have some Casser and Chi. They'd appeared a few times on my KF thread, but I don't think they've made it here yet.

Chi is so adorable, and Casser so cool!

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2013, 04:05:00 AM »
Thanks! ^^

Here's two more.

This one's actually a WIP of a commission from dA. Unfortunately, though, Corel Painter seems to have glitched and so for the time being, I can't do anything digital to it. The person did ask to see the sketch version as a preview, though, so I went ahead and scanned it. :)

Copic markers, I love them, I love them so much...
Colored the entire image with my markers, though I did add some effects (darkened, slightly smoothed, slightly tinted, etc.) with Paint Shop Pro, which IS still working.

Yargh, sorry it's so big! The crop button was among those that disappeared...
Anyways, this one does actually have a story behind it. I don't know exactly why, but the other day when I tried to get on Corel Painter to work on some art, I discovered to my dismay that all the option bars were gone. I could still open and save files and could technically still draw, but the option boxes to change brushes, colors, layers, etc. had all disappeared. I was explaining this to my mom and as an example opened a new image and made this squiggle to show that though I could still draw, I could only use this color on this size/shape of brush. But then as I stared at it longer, I realized that it was really a beautiful squiggle, so I saved it. Heh. >.>

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 04:12:39 AM »
The Inyuyasha pic: giving me feels for that fandom like it's 2003 all over again XD.

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2013, 01:47:28 AM »
Awesome work as always.  I really like the detail to the various expressions!
If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 04:14:59 AM »
Thank you! :)

Heeeeylook, more art.

New reference sheet for this character. He's [my version of] Balto's daddy. His full bio can be found on dA.

Just a little build comparison between Balto and his parents. Goes to show not only how different these 3 individuals are, but also just how small Samuel is. XD

Not only have I been working on trying to draw canine characters with more distinct characteristic builds, but I've been trying to do the same for humans. As an exercise on working with characteristic facial structure, I'm drawing the whole pit! Shown here are the first 8 that I've done (there will be around 17 or so in total.)

Speaking of drawing people.
One of our assignments in Art III was to make a colored self-portrait (I won't be posting mine because my expression is hideous ("It's about color theory, not your beautiful faces," says the teacher) which we could do in any medium we wanted.  I considered doing mine in Copics, especially after my friend Troy, in all his amazing talentedness, did his in pen, but I wasn't sure how it would work out, so I decided to just try some oil pastels instead--at least, in class. I'd been meaning to at least TRY a Copics portrait at home for a while now, and today I finally got around to testing it out. :) I used an old photo of a friend that I found on my iPod as a reference, and since I didn't really measure it out or anything, it doesn't really look a LOT like her, but I do kinda like it. I'll have to see if I can get away with doing a Copics one in class now, haha, since I'm a project ahead of everyone else. Took 19 markers, though, and a fancier one might take more!

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.