Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Enhanced Bending  (Read 940 times)

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
Enhanced Bending
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:34 AM »
So, we all know that comets (made of rock and ice) give firebenders extreme firebending. Now what would give waterbenders or earthbenders extreme bending? Or even airbenders?

Something I thought of for earthbenders is the planets aligning. It makes sense doesn't it? Earth is a planet, so if other planets align with the Earth, it could give earthbenders extreme earthbending.

Thoughts on the subject?

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline bruisedreed

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 45
    • Fanfiction.net
Re: Enhanced Bending
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:17 AM »
How about a tornado enhancing airbending?

Or the solar eclipse where the moon blocks out the sun enhancing waterbending?

Sig by Seluna
I will trust You

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:13:24 AM »
Oooo, a tornado enhancing airbending is interesting.

Well, a Solar Eclipse only hinders firebenders from not bending, I don't think it enhanced waterbenders at all. They seemed to bend normally during the Day of Black Sun to me. Waterbender lose waterbending during a Lunar Eclipse though.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:29:35 AM »
I wonder if hurricanes could enhance water and airbending. They can be quite powerful, so perhaps it might be possible for the water and airbenders to tap into that power? ^^'

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 132
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »
I think Airbenders and Waterbenders could increase the strength of a hurricane, especially Katara and Aang together, say, but in terms of enhancing their bending abilities, in strictest terms I don't think so.  With a hurricane they would just be making use of what already exists--just how Katara's effect was magnified depending on how much water was available.  Waterskin, not so much.  Pond/canal or greater, look out.  XD

I'd think an exceptionally close pass of the Moon might enhance Waterbenders' abilities, especially during a full moon.  For Airbenders... well, since they're more spiritually attuned, maybe their bending in very spiritual places would be enhanced.  We never did see Aang Airbend at Tui and La's pool, did we?  I wonder what would have happened.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 10:46:18 PM »
That's interesting about the airbenders, Wulf. Stronger bending in a spiritual place.

I think what strengthens or hinders bending more is cosmic events, like an eclipse or a comet.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 11:44:31 PM »
I think Airbenders and Waterbenders could increase the strength of a hurricane, especially Katara and Aang together, say, but in terms of enhancing their bending abilities, in strictest terms I don't think so.  With a hurricane they would just be making use of what already exists--just how Katara's effect was magnified depending on how much water was available.  Waterskin, not so much.  Pond/canal or greater, look out.  XD

I'd think an exceptionally close pass of the Moon might enhance Waterbenders' abilities, especially during a full moon.  For Airbenders... well, since they're more spiritually attuned, maybe their bending in very spiritual places would be enhanced.  We never did see Aang Airbend at Tui and La's pool, did we?  I wonder what would have happened.

Yeah, I didn't think it would but I couldn't think of anything that might enhance their bending. But, bending in spiritual places as a way to enhance airbending is an interesting idea! ^^

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.