Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Me singing Let it Go in my bass voice  (Read 365 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Me singing Let it Go in my bass voice
« on: December 25, 2014, 04:01:52 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZiXeIaVRDY

Try to ignore the crappy glitchy recording and just critique the singing itself.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
Re: Me singing Let it Go in my bass voice
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 04:37:16 AM »
My advice would be to breathe from the gut instead of the upper torso. We often use only 20% of our total lung capacity. Take a deep breath. If your shoulders are rising, you're doing it wrong. Your belly should grow as you inhale and collapse as you exhale. I recommend this as it's an excellent way to breathe in general, utilized by many singers, and I can hear you running out of breath as you go through the notes. This will help for holding notes and keeping in pitch as your throat won't be straining as much to keep going. As an exercise, I'll often lift my chin as high as possible, practically staring up at the ceiling, and let out a higher pitched long note that descends into a low croak; while you croak, open and close your jaw. This loosens up the muscles in your throat and neck, and is great for building up muscle-strength and keeping your voice steady.

You're also often holding longer on particular notes that go quicker in the actual song, purely for the sake of keeping the accent going. I'd worry less about that and focus more on the accent in parts where the words are less drawn out, like in the beginning and the end where it requires normal speech, as often times various accented voices singing in English tend to default to what sounds like a Midwestern American accent as a natural byproduct of the vowels being extended.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:39:14 AM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.