Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Drabble/Poetry Contest 54  (Read 433 times)

Offline A6

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
Drabble/Poetry Contest 54
« on: March 30, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »
Theme: March Madness
Summary:  This isn't what you think :)  In honor of the last couple of days of the month o March, your character is mad about something. Mad at the world, madly in love, has true madness, is maddening or is maddened about something, or has some other kind of being mad. But if you do want to tell us a crazy mad sports story in honor of the tournament go for it! :D
Word limit:: 400
Start: now
End date: Saturday 12 April midnight forum time. Voting all day Saturday. Winner announced Sunday 13 April.
<< Post Merge: April 05, 2014, 12:08:10 PM >>

With no entries we are extending this a week
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:09:49 PM by A6 »
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
Re: Drabble/Poetry Contest 54
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:46:00 AM »
Title: Your Everything
Author: Water Lily
Rating: T

(click to show/hide)“Madly in love, huh?”

Her stern pupils moved rhythmically across the letter, lips aghast with suppressed shock. The color had drained from her complexion and settled on her cheeks alone. A blush the hue of a thousand crimson sunsets. It was clear that the usual confidence in her voice had disappeared and insecurity had conquered it momentarily. Thunder rumbled along with her heartbeat.

“Um…yeah…” He straightened his shades, wanting to maintain his cool attitude. At least, he tried to. He felt as if he was going to explode any second now. His breathing became harsh, like that of a raging dragon’s breath of fire.

“This letter… is in the wrong hands,” she said tersely. Her throat was up in secretive flames, making it impossible for her to gulp.

“No, it’s not.” He sighed, straightening his shades again. “It belongs to you.”

“Oh.”

There was an awkward silence. She desperately avoided his eye contact, but he continued to watch for her expression. She frowned deeper and crossed her arms to keep from letting him dominate her.

“I guess the person who wrote me this wasn’t brave enough to say it to my face,” she muttered, staring at him.

He paused his fidgeting and looked at her for a long moment. He saw that she was faltering. For the first time ever she was faltering. A weary glance clouded her eyes, and a veiled speechlessness withered upon her vocal cords. He gladly threw off his shades and made the staring contest harder. His lips tingled, more so from an inescapable smirk that was forming than the ticklish sprinkles of early rain.

“I love you.”

Again she faltered as another rumble of thunder shook the earth. She tried stepping back a few feet gracefully but failed, staggering. She grew completely silent this time. He sighed again and took an equal amount of steps forward…perhaps more than the actual distance between them. His eyes slowly grew moist with certain realization as he placed his hands on her shoulders. She didn’t move...only grew more vulnerable. But she didn’t resent his touch, either. She was just unable to contain that coolness in her expression.

“So is that a yes?” he smiled.

To his surprise, however, a soft, unexpected sob escaped her lips. She shoved him away, letting her tears fall. “You idiot! You have no idea how long I’ve waited for you to say that.”

He laughed, choking between bursts of emotion as rain started to patter harder upon them. Before long, she had found her way into his arms, sinking her moist eyes onto his shoulder and holding onto him as if she may never get the chance to ever again.

“I love you, too…” she murmured back.

He laughed again, taking the initiative to cup her cheeks. Her drenched eyelashes fluttered in his direction, raindrops trickling down her jaw.

"You're officially mine now," he grinned wider.

Their eyes fluttered close, and soul met soul simultaneously when lips met lips.

I want to be your most intimate resonance.
The first mantra you wake up to chant.
Your last lullaby of the night,
Your most cherished secret,
The reason for the sparkle in your eyes…
I want to be your everything.

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.