Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Drabble/Poetry Writing Contest 53  (Read 553 times)

Offline A6

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
Drabble/Poetry Writing Contest 53
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:56:07 PM »
Theme: Renewal
Summary:  in honor of the return of spring, a time of renewal in life, write a drabble or poem in which your character or thing experiences renew.  of some sort.
Word limit:: 400
Start: now
End date: Saturday 29 March midnight forum time. Voting all day Saturday. Winner announced Sunday 30 March.
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: Drabble/Poetry Writing Contest 53
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
Oh! Great theme, A6! If only it were spring-like in my neck of the woods.  We're expecting snow tomorrow, hehe. XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline A6

• Knockout!
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »
I know. Same here.  One can only dream...

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 11:46:40 PM »
Hehe! Yeah...XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline A6

• Knockout!
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:42:35 AM »
Title: "Korra's Renewal"
Author: A6
Words: 413
Rating: K+
Summary: Korra reflects on everything that has happened in the past few weeks and considers how she feels and wants to do next as the first Avatar of the new age.
Author's Notes: I haven't dared to try any Korra fan fics yet with the seasons unfolding but I felt like I could try this one as Korra takes pause and to provide some shred of hope for Makorra being restored.

(click to show/hide)Korra stood on Aang’s Memorial overlooking the city. The magnificent statue was still damaged in the water, but she would see to it herself that it was raised and restored, still a beacon to the city of fellowship he had created for all benders and non benders of all races.

Despite no longer being able to find Aang deep within her own spirit, she felt closer to him than ever before as well as the others just by being here on his resting place.  She hoped that the link she used to have with them directly would be restored, or as she watched the beginnings of spirits wandering over her human world after ten millienia of exclusion, the others would be there to seek and speak too when she wanted to and needed them, but in a different way that Avatars had in the past. 

Perhaps it was better this way.  Connection by choice rather than always have the thousands of voices in the back of her head. She had been bone weary of everyone give her advice and telling her what to do. Now there was no one who would do so. Even Tenzin deferred to her judgment on keeping the portals open.  Nor did Raava deep within her object. While she was sad about losing her connection to the other Avatars, her link with Raava was direct and very strong.  Perhaps that is the way it should be. Her memory of Wan was vivid and the story of the orgin of the Avatar would be passed on from her.

It was finally over.  The conjunction had ended and she was one with Raava and she and her celestial Korra had defeated the Anti-Avatar, through the very essence of who and what she was as an Avatar, with or without Raava. As Wan had said, she was not an ordinary human being any more.  She had been buoyed by her mentor Tenzin, who through it all had believed in her. Without him she wouldn’t have done it.  Nor without the aid of Jinora’s gentle spirit, who had helped recover and renew Raava to defeat the monstrous evil spirit of Vaatu before 10,000 years of darkness enveloped the world.

She felt a little embarrassed and ashamed she’d ever parted from Tenzin to trust the truly evil spirit that had been her father’s traitorous brother.  She had learned many lessons of trust and loyalty through all this.

And lessons about love and commitment.  She wondered where, despite what she said to Mako and how they had broken up, she longed to know where he was and what he was doing now. 

She felt entirely renewed, and ready to start afresh as the first Avatar of the new age.

She spun down on an air vortex and looked for a phone. She had his number...

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.