Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: "Goodnight, babygirl" a The Last of Us 'fic'. Rated K  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
"Goodnight, babygirl" a The Last of Us 'fic'. Rated K
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »
Hey folks! I hadn't written anything for the sake of writing something in a long while now! After getting out of a bit of a funk I was in, I wanted to get back into it. This is based off of my new current obsession, "The Last of us", but you don't need to know the source material to get it. In fact, it's more of a 'novelization' of the opening moments rather than a fic. I wanted to enter it in the drabble contest, but I overshot it about 200 words. xD But I hope whoever is reading it, enjoys it. I know it's not great, but I'm rusty, and I'm not the strongest writer to begin with. So....just keep that in mind. xD

Goodnight, babygirl (click to show/hide)Sarah’s eyes fluttered open as her slumber was disturbed by a soft light. She sat up and yawned, blinking a few times before registering that the light came from the tableside lamp that sat adjacent to the couch she was resting upon. The lamps activation was caused by none other than her father, Joel, who had just come home from a long, hard day at work, if the circles underneath his eyes were any indication.

“Hey”, Sarah said in greeting

“Scoot.”, he replied as he tossed his keys and phone upon their coffee table.

“Fun day at work?” his daughter asked carefully, when he sat down upon the space she provided for him.

Letting out a sigh, Joel chose not to answer Sarah’s semi rhetorical question, and instead, asked a question of his own, “What are you still doing up? It’s late.”

“Crud, what time is it?!” she asked in alarm.  Sarah did a quick turn on the couch to get a closer look at the back wall.

“It’s way past your bedtime.”, said Joel.

Sarah sighed in relief when she saw that the clock only read eleven-fifty. “But it’s still today!” said Sarah, her tone slightly jovial.

The young girl leapt from the couch and knelt down at a crevice in-between the couch and a small table; ignoring her father’s words of, “I really don’t have the energy for this right now.” she was clearly determined to get what she went searching for.

When she returned to her father, she presented what was so important to her: a small, white, square box. Joel gave her a curious look when he took the box from her hands.
“It’s for your birthday.” , she answered.  “It’s a watch. You were always complaining how your old one was broken, so I just thought………”   She trailed off, looking for a sign of approval when her father put on the gift.

Joel admired the silver watch for a moment. While not as good as good as his previous model, it looked good, worked, and was from his little girl. In truth, the last requirement was the only one that mattered. But just to tease her, Joel came up with a devious joke. He tapped the face before he spoke. “It’s wonderful, sweetheart, but I think it’s stopped.”

Upon hearing this, Sarah quickly took hold of her father arm, scanning for any problem. “That’s impossible”, she began, “I made sure that-“Sarah cut herself off however, when she realized that the watch was working just fine; her father was just playing a trick on her. She shoved his arm away and let out a sarcastic laugh. Joel made a genuine chortle of his own.

After Sarah had settled back into the couch, Joel asked another question, “Where did you get the money for this?”

His daughter replied with a joke of her own. “Drugs, I sell hardcore drugs”

Flipping on their old television, Joel played along.  “Sounds good….. You can help pay for the mortgage now.”

“Yeah, you wish.” she returned.

No more than twenty minutes passed before Sarah fell fast asleep, and Joel was taking her to her bed. When he finished tucking her in, he gazed intently at her soft features, brushing aside a few strands of her dirty blonde hair, silently thankful that he had such a daughter who would go as far to help make a birthday that he had totally forgotten about, as special as she could. She deserved a better father than he could be, but he was glad that she was his daughter.

Before leaving the room, Joel whispered something in her ear, “Goodnight, baby girl.”

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: "Goodnight, babygirl" a The Last of Us 'fic'. Rated K
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Aww! That's so sweet! Even though I know nothing about the fandom, it was a wonderful read!

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:55:34 AM »
Thank you, Cass! I'm happy that you enjoyed it. I might do a bit more within this universe. xD

[

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
Cute fan fic Cowboy:3

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »
Thanks, Bear!

[

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »
Thank you, Cass! I'm happy that you enjoyed it. I might do a bit more within this universe. xD

Hope you do! It's always a pleasure to read your work! ^_^

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »

Hope you do! It's always a pleasure to read your work! ^_^
Awww! You're too nice. Thank you. :)

[

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.